Become an SDC Role Model
At Saginaw Day Camp (SDC), we pride ourselves on creating enriching memories for our campers, and those moments start directly with our staff. Our success depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of a staff that is devoted to our campers’ safety, growth and well-being.
If you love children, are energetic and spirited, love being outdoors and are in search of a rewarding summer camp job - we want to meet you!
Skills & Qualities of SDC Role Models
- A Serious Work Ethic - The ability to exhibit an unwavering commitment to providing the best summer possible for Saginaw Day campers.
- Teamwork - The ability to work with and support others in a collaborative environment, while accepting ongoing feedback and evaluation from supervisors.
- Intelligence - The ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Empathy - The ability to see situations from a camper's point of view.
- Adaptability - The ability to think quickly on your feet and improvise when necessary.
- Positive Disposition - The ability to uphold an optimistic, upbeat outlook with lots of energy!
- Experience with Young People - Preferred, but not required.
What will YOU get from being a Role Model at Saginaw Day Camp?
- Leadership Training - Getting a group of children to listen, respect, trust and believe in you truly requires a unique skill set. At SDC, we conduct intensive orientations prior to the beginning of camp and provide ongoing training and feedback throughout the summer.
- Friendships - And not just with the campers...Counselors establish lifelong friendships with one another each and every summer.
- Experience - If you've ever considered being a teacher or child-care professional, you'll find out if you have the patience, personality and skills for it.
- A Challenging and Rewarding Summer You'll Never Forget - People's lives change from their Camp Experience. There is nothing that is more rewarding than making a positive impact on the lives of young people.
- Awesome catered hot lunches and snacks
- Referral Bonuses
- Resume Building - Working at SDC has many transferable skills that will look great on your resume!
- All Role Models members receive two t-shirts.
- Children of staff members may attend free of charge, with a reduced salary
- Plus - fun in the sun and memories that will last a lifetime!
Team Positions & Descriptions
Counselor - Counselors are the "big brothers and sisters" of their campers. Each co-ed group of approximately ten children has a minimum of two counselors, one male, one female. Much of the summer's success lies with the relationship between counselors and campers. For most campers, great counselors = great summers. Counselors assist at activities and provide emotional support to the campers throughout the day.
General Counselor - (must have graduated high school)
Junior Counselor - (must have completed 10th grade)
Starting Eight-Week Salary
|Entering Year In School||Salary: Salary/Bonus (Total)|
|Junior (HS)||$300/300 (600)|
|Senior (HS)||$400/400 (800)|
|First Year Out of College||$875/875 (1750)|
At SDC, we create an upbeat and positive environment of mutual respect. If you are interested in being an SDC Role Model, please fill out our online application. You can also call us at (888) 477-CAMP (2267) during business hours, or e-mail us (with your resume if possible) anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to discuss job opportunities at SDC with you.
Saginaw Day Camp provides equal opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (as long as minimum age requirement is met), disability, or veteran status.